Se Habla Español
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
If you own a home or business, you may be tempted to consider a natural pest solution for your termite problem. And we won’t lie, if you’re looking for a way to prevent termites, a DIY technique may work. However, fully mature colonies are pervasive and incredibly difficult to eradicate on your own. If there is an active infestation you may be dealing with upwards of a million termites or more, and in cases like that you need professional treatment from a qualified exterminator.
Natural Termite Deterrents
While there is no guarantee that any natural termite solution will work, there are a few non-toxic termite control solutions that you may want to consider. Some of these DIY pest control solutions for termites are:
- Diatomaceous earth, which is mixed with soil, water or paint to keep away termites.
- Parasitic nematodes that naturally feed off of termites.
- Cardboard traps coated in cellulose that you can then burn to kill captured termites
- Orange oil sprayed in high-risk termite zones, which contains D-Limonene that is toxic to wood-boring pests
- Boric acid, in liquid or dust form, that kills termites and other pests around the property.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do I Need Professional Termite Prevention Services?
Can you prevent termites naturally? You can certainly catch some with traps, deter them with orange oil or kill a few with boric acid. These all do something, but when you consider that a termite colony can mature to almost five million members, it brings a new emphasis to the phrase “Band Aid solution”. Professional pest control is the best way to stay free of termites, and Bug Out can help you put in the work you need every year. All you need to do is contact us today to get started.